Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
– Fact based process improvements
Learn to lead improvement projects and spread improvement culture.
A unique Green Belt training based on end-to-end cases.
The role of the Green Belt is central to the organization's Lean Six Sigma work. The work is usually performed in projects that have a direct impact on an organization's performance. As the Green Belt, you're equipped to lead and mentor colleagues in high impact projects within departments. You also assist Black Belts with analysis and data collection for the larger projects.
The program provides a good understanding of the whole structure of the Lean Six Sigma, the basic tools and how they interact. You will take part in many practical examples showing how the work is done, how long it took and the results that were achieved. An important part is a project carried out in your organization. In this way, training is paid back directly by the results of the practical improvements.
Our training is longer than the other options, simply because our philosophy is that each introduced tool is to be trained in practice
Lean Six Sigma
- "Study pace was high, theory mixed with practical exercise in a good way. Clear examples to follow in the training and in the presentation material."
- "A good and well planned training that really covers all. The workshop performed on site in an exterior company was especially successful as you got real life experience."
- "Many trainings offer statistical theory but the hardest thing with statistics is to understand how to use the tools to make things happen in reality. This was taught in this training which was pedagogic and implementation driven. "
- "The training was a good mixture of theory and practical exercises. The teacher held a high knowledge level in the subject, not only theoretically but he also dealt with some real examples and demonstrated how theory could be applied in practical life."
- "An appreciated part was the visit to the production plant which included an exercise in one of the tools that was taught in class. I recommend SBTI’s Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training as I have had much benefit from the training in my daily work."
- "The training gives a good foundation and understanding for Lean Six Sigma, how you should work as an organization with DMAIC for problem solving and process development for both industry and service sectors."
If you want to get involved in improvement initiatives and will work as improvement leader.
The training is ten days.
To fulfill the criteria of ASQ (American Society for Quality) standard for Green Belts and at the same time optimize the investment in deploying Lean Six Sigma in the organization SBTI have developed a unique Green Belt training. The red thread during training are two end-to-end cases that follow the DMAIC methodology.
During the two cases, the groups work with defining the problem, collecting data to understand root causes to the problem, deploy improvements that address the root causes , implementing these improvements and finally develop process controls that make sure the improvements stay in place.
The first week we have an end-to-end Administration case that follow the DMAIC methodology.
The training focuses on lead time and reducing errors. A mixture of qualitative and quantitative tools are introduced. Students are introduced to implement improvements based only on facts and data.
The second week we have an "end-to-end" catapult case that also follows the DMAIC methodology.
During this week we enhance the belt candidates analytical skills. Key theme is to understand and being comfortable investigating cause-and-effect relationships and also being able to quantify these relationships.
Theory is reduced and instead focus is on practical application and make sure participants understand how to use the tools and concepts in real life situations. Key components in this training set-up are exercises, reflections and experience sharing besides of traditional class room training.
We also put a lot of emphasis on practical application through a project from participants own operations.
Measurable improvements from this training set-up are better effectiveness and efficiency of the trained Belts. After completion of training the Belts can identify better projects and they execute their projects in less time with better results
Please note that training is Extendable with Black Belt 10 days training.
The open training will be conducted in English. Even customized inhouse company specific training in English or Swedish can be implemented.
Contents – 10 days, 2 weeks
With Lean to Six sigma:
To drive improvement projects with DMAIC methodology and basic lean six sigma tools
• Admin case (with practical usage of six sigma tools
• Introduction till lean six sigma and DMAIC
• Project definition
• Determine customer requirements
• Team formation, Presentation techniques
• Process mapping, Value Stream Mapping
• Intro to Minitab
• Basic statistics
• Data collection
• Basic quality tools
• Measurement System Analysis – attribute
• SPC Statistical Process Control
• Capability analysis –baseline & after improvement
• Project presentations
• Cause & Effect diagram ,5 whys
• Develop & implement the solution
• Control planning
Fact based decisions
To improve and stabilize processes based on facts
• Review week1
• Six sigma case
• Process Mapping - process variables map*
• Cause & Effect matrix
• MSA – continuous data
• Capability analysis
• Hypothesis testing
• Sample size
• Change management
• Design Of Experiments - DOE
• Project presentations
• Summary case exercise
Fee and trainingmaterial - Green Belt
40 000 SEK. All prices are excluding VAT.
The fee includes training, project mentoring and certification costs. Documentation, course materials, refreshments and lunch are included. Lean Six Sigma Pocket Guide is included. Travel and accommodations are not included. Laptop should be brought. We will use Minitabs software during training. If you do not already have the software available, you should download Minitab 16 software trial, before training start.
Training diploma and certification
After completing training with at least 90% attendance, you get a diploma.
To become fully certified Green Belt it is required, in addition to completing the training, a completed project where Lean Six Sigma methods and tools are applied satisfactory. Project Certification is based on two aspects; delivered business value and use of Lean Six Sigma methodology & tools. In the evenings during the training week, we can carry out projectmentoring.
You must also pass a knowledge test.
Training attendance + completed project+knowledge test = Green Belt certificate
Instructor for this training is Håkan Wallin »
For more information please contact Håkan Wallin at firstname.lastname@example.org.